Central Oklahoma Community Transit System (COTS)
Central Oklahoma Community Action Agency's Central Oklahoma Transit System (COTS) currently offers demand-response services. COTS provides transportation to schools, vocational technical centers, medical appointments, shopping or special events. All areas are served by ADA accessible vehicles.
Central Oklahoma Community Action Agency's Central Oklahoma Transit System (COTS) began in October of 1998, with funding from the Oklahoma Department of Transportation, federal, state and local match dollars.
The mission of COTS is to provide safe and reliable transportation to the general public and clients with special needs.
Central Oklahoma Transit System was honored with the 2010 'Transit Ridership and Expanded Service Award' by the Oklahoma Transit Association. Read More
- Riders who need the assistance of another to access the transit system must provide their own assistant. The assistant will ride free of charge.
- Children under the age of 12 ride free but must be accompanied by an adult. Child safety seats will be provided as long as you tell the scheduler when making your appointment
- Rides must be booked 48 hours in advance.
- $3 per ride in Shawnee and Seminole city limits.
- Rides outside the city limits are based on mileage. Contact COTS for more information.
- COTS coupon books are available in the COTS office. Books are $30 and contain tickets for 10 one-way rides. The tickets can be used in Shawnee and Seminole city limits.
- All senior citizens and Veterans rides are $1.00 one way (City of Shawnee only, and City of Seminole only) anything out of city limits must call for discounted rate but mileage will apply. Ticket books for Seniors are available at $10.00 per book (10 rides)
"COTS clients become family to us and we try our best to take care of all their transportation needs." -COTS Director